Pages

3.29.2012

A Touch of Tiffany Bridal Shower/Bachelorette Party



"I'll tell you one thing, Fred, darling... I'd marry you for your money in a minute. 
Would you marry me for my money? "
"In a minute."
"I guess it's pretty lucky neither of us is rich, huh?"
"Yeah."
-Breakfast At Tiffany's
A couple of weeks ago, I put together a Bridal Shower on a last-minute's notice.  I had to act fast, so I just went with a few things I knew about the bride-to-be...

  1. She loves vintage.
  2. She loves Audrey Hepburn.
  3. I love Paris...oh, wait.  This wasn't about me?  Ooops.
So, I just started throwing things together.  Stop #1, my go-to bakery for some truffles and petite fours.  I knew I had to get this order in first!  I decided to go with petite fours in white with black Os (initial of Groom's last name) and chocolate with white Os...white cake with lemon filling and chocolate cake with raspberry filling, in case you want to know the finer details...or something to drool over. 




My Stop #2 was Etsy.  It's my go-to place for DIY original party supplies.  I found just what I was looking for and everyone was so helpful in getting me my PDFs in a timely fashion and customizing all of it to my color scheme.  My main purchases were some personalized party games, dessert table labels, tissue paper pom poms, french soaps for favors, and some adorable lips and moustache straw flags! (click on the items for links back to the Etsy shops




For the rest of the decor, I just used what I already had...I'm a lover of all things Paris and French, so I had a few Eiffel Towers lying around.  I picked up some damask black and white ribbon and some Tiffany blue ribbon at Michael's to use on the dessert table...and wherever else needed some ribbon. To add a little "Audrey Hepburn" into the shower, I printed off some quotes and put them in black and white frames and set them around the dessert table and food area.



I usually ALWAYS use fresh flowers, but like I said, time was short, so I used some large artificial white peonies in some little Eiffel Tower vases.  They looked cute and matched the "feel" of things.


For the favors, I ordered some FABULOUS VINTAGE-Y French Soaps from The French Market on Etsy!  They were a hit.  Each one came in a stamped glassine bag with seam binding wrapping.  So so cute...so so French and vintage.  
(photo courtesy of FrenchMarket on Etsy)
My favorite little touch was the French Sparkling Lemonade I ordered from Amazon.  It was DELICIOUS and paired wonderfully with our lasagna, salad, and bread sticks from Olive Garden (I know, not French, but Bride's request).


I also did the wedding last weekend, so I'll do a post on that next week!  It's all black and white and vintage...turned out really cute!


List of links:
Damask/Tiffany Blue Table Tents/Labels - Posh Pixels
Personalized Bridal Shower Games in Tiffany Blue - Duecuori
French Soaps - FrenchMarket
Lips and Moustache Flags - HeSawSparks
Tissue Paper Pom Poms - The Whimsical Pom
Grey Striped Paper Straws - Amazon.com
Lorina French Sparkling Lemonade (FROM FRANCE!!) - Amazon.com


If you see anything else in the pics and want to know where I got it, just ask me in the comments or shoot me an email!


Hope you all are having a fabulous week!♥
Photobucket

11 comments...I love comments:

Stacie said...

Get out, girl! You would never guess that you planned this last minute. It looks gorgeous! Don't you just love Etsy?

Shilo said...

Where do you get the energy to do all this amazing stuff. I think you have super powers.

Impulsive Addict said...

PINNING! It's the new WINNING phrase.

You are so talented! I hope you plan my 30th birthday party!

Macey said...

You should get paid to do this.

Mrs. Match said...

I can't believe you put that all together last minute! You're an inspiration! I've got a bridal shower I'm planning for May, and I did the tissue pom poms, and a few things I found from pinterest. It's such a blast throwing parties isn't it?

Unknown said...

This is INCREDIBLE Jenny Kate! What a beautiful shower. I love it. Perfect in every way!

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

You did an awesome job!!! Etsy is the best place to go for unique and fun stuff-- you went over and beyond for such short timing!! I lOVe it ALL!!!
I hope you can link this up with my Wednesday SHOW US YOUR FIND b/c you found some AWESOME stuff on Etsy!!! xoxo

Dangrdafne said...

I had no idea that you did this. Your talent is AMAZING! Great job.

Xazmin said...

Holy crap JK...you are amazing!

So impressed...you rock my world.

Come throw me a party...pretty please??

Connie said...

You are amazing!!!

I just sent you an email because I need party help.

I'll pay you in kisses and hugs in 30 days.

stevenjared0853 said...

Oh my god! This is like a prefect bachelorette party. My sister is also getting married next month and I was looking for event halls for rent to throw a party for her before she goes away. I loved this blog and I got so many ideas from here for my sister’s bridal shower.